Prepping for the SAT and ACT? Ace college entrance exams the first time with these easy tips and tricks!
• Use Collegeboard.org’s SAT daily question email to get one sample test question in your inbox every day. It’s a simple, less overwhelming way to get your brain warmed up for the real thing. It’s also available as an iphone app!http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice…ion-of-the-day
• Take a test prep class. Kaplan offers courses that are tailored to the SAT or the ACT. Check out their website:http://www.kaptest.com/College/SAT/index.html
• Use a tutor to help you target your weakest subject.
• Make sure you bring a watch, and don’t linger on one question longer than two or three minutes.
• Answer the easier questions first and go back to answer the hard ones last.
• Use the process of elimination to give yourself better odds on each question. If you know two answers aren’t right, that gives you a 50% chance of getting the right answer instead of only 25%.
• If you have to guess, the answer with the most information is usually correct.
• Never leave an answer blank. You should at least guess one of the options, because leaving it blank guarantees that you get it wrong.
• If you read the question and come up with the answer before reading the multiple choice options, this will help you avoid getting confused by “all of the above” or “none of the above” type of situations.
• Trust your first instinct—it’s usually correct!